Molecular Connections’ Gene-disease Networking (MC-GeneNetTM) platform employs a range of in silico methodologies using internally developed text mining engine, in-house knowledgebase (NetProTM) and proprietary algorithms to identify, analyze and visualize gene-disease associations.
The knowledgebase can be specifically queried and filtered for various fields like molecules, molecule types, species, interaction terms, interaction type, cellular localization, pathway, disease etc.
Disease related information pertaining to the interactions is available which could be a mutation detail, expression profile or any other significant properties of the interacting molecule with respect to the disease.
MINETM a Java based visualization tool developed by Molecular Connections, could be used for querying, filtering and analyzing NetProTM data.
- Target identification / prioritization
- Systems biology
- Linking biomolecular pathways and indications
- To elucidate drugs mechanism of action
- Drug – repurposing
- Pharmaceutical and life science companies
- Academic labs
- Text/data mining companies
- Life science and healthcare analytics companies
- Database providers